Saturday, July 22, 2006

Here's what I need from whoever can make this happen -

I want a bar. Not just any bar - a quiet bar. With good, soft lighting. A dark stained wood floor, one pool table and a clean, mid-size bar with good American and select European beers on tap. And in place of the fancy rack of funky candy-colored liquours, a little rack of core American liquours, with some imported mainstays. And no funky, faggoty metrosexual-ass drinks like appletinis or Goddamn fuzzy navels.

For clientele, I want working folk. And not the dumb, young, unskilled guys that you find these days. Craftsmen, union joes, veterans, people who take pride in their trade. And no college kids, no prty-hardy types, none of that.

And no booming-ass music, neither. A jukebox. With decent sound and a cultured collection, built around a core of Johnny Cash and Hank Williams tunes. Music that will work, not whine.

I want a quiet little bar with a sunny parking lot and a nice, simple patio and experienced courteous staff and people who I want to drink with. A place where I can take my prematurely aged ass and just sit down.

Because I really wanna sit down and take a break, dammit.

So if you all could make this happen, I would appreciate it.

I'm looking at you, Donohoe. You actually get a paycheck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home